The following links provide helpful information and support to parents. These organizations and government agencies represent leading authorities on topics relevant to preschool age children, including parent involvement, child health, education and more.
We also have a collection of books available for parents that deal with learning, behavior and parenting. Please ask in the office and we will be happy to assist you.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children -NAEYC administers an accreditation system to improve the quality of education and care provided in programs for young children. Its Web site provides information for families concerning early childhood development and childcare issues.
- Irvine Unified School District -Information and services for Irvine Schools. Parents and families of K-12 children may learn more about positive parenting classes and effective support groups offered through the Irvine Family Resource Center.
- CHOC – UCI Initiative for the Development of Attention and Readiness -CUIDAR helps identify children with attention and behavior difficulties before they enter school. These obstacles to learning are addressed so that the child will have a more successful elementary school experience.
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County -CHOC provides current information about children’s conditions A-Z, Community Outreach, services for Pediatric Specialities, Clinical programs and a variety of other services.
- Children’s Home Society of California -CHS provides a variety of services to children and families in California and nationwide – working to improve their quality of life by offering vital informational, educational, and resource services.
- Scholastic for Parents -Current research, information about child development, activities, school help, books and reading. Great for both parent and child.
- ZERO TO THREE -A national, nonprofit organization that informs, trains, and supports professionals, policymakers, and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers.
- American Academy of Pediatrics -An organization of 60,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
- National AfterSchool Association -The NAA is a professional association dedicated to the development, education, and care of children and youth during their out-of-school hours. Its site offers publications, articles, and numerous other resources for parents.
- Child Development Institute -Information for parents regarding various strategies promoting positive parenting and childhood development techniques, including information about Early Childhood and teenagers.
- Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children -TACSEI assists families with resources that promote social and emotional growth and help to reinforce beneficial languages and techniques that support healthy development.
- KidsHealth.org -The #1 most-visited website for children’s health and development. Information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through the teen years.
- HealthyChildren.org -Powered by Pediatricians. Trusted by Parents. This website is full of information about children from stages, prenatal-young adult. Read about healthy living, safety and prevention, health issues and much more.
- Autism Speaks -The nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
- USDA’s MyPyramid for Preschoolers -Use MyPyramid to help your preschooler eat well, be active, and be healthy. MyPyramid for Preschoolers is for children 2 to 5 years of age.
- California Department of Public Health -CDPH provides information about California’s public health services and programs available to residents. Accessibility to acquire certificates licenses, publications, forms and more can be found here.